What is WordPress? What makes it the most popular content management platform (CMS) in the world? The WordPress website currently exceeds 30% of the total website worldwide – and counting!
A content management system is an application that helps website owners, editors and authors manage their websites and publish content without programming knowledge.
WordPress uses PHP and MySQL, 2 components are fully supported on all web hosts. In addition, because of the popularity of WordPress, many vendors also specifically create WordPress hosting packages to improve the speed, performance and stability of the website.
Normally, those who use CMS use it for blogs, but the WordPress site can easily turn into an online store, a portfolio page, or a newspaper, or whatever type of website you want.
One of the biggest advantages of WordPress is its easy to use and seamless interface. If you know how to use Microsoft Word, you don’t have to worry about WordPress; You can easily create and publish content in just minutes!
What is the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
When you search for WordPress in Google or other search engines, you will find there are 2 related websites: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. It can be confusing, but each site has its own purpose and user.
WordPress.org is the website you need if you want to create your own WordPress website (self-hosted WordPress site). You can download this platform and find free themes and plugins here. To host your website, you need to register a domain name and rent a web hosting package.
WordPress uses PHP and MySQL to run, 2 components are supported on every web host. However, many web hosting also create their own WordPress hosting package to have the most suitable and optimal hosting environment for WordPress.
WordPress.com is a hosting company that uses the WordPress content management system for every blog that is on it. Users who register for the service will receive a separate blog with a domain name like myblog.wordpress.com (of course, private domain names can also be used, you only need to pay a fee). The default package is free, although it has some limitations.
What kind of website can I create with WordPress?
WordPress is a very flexible tool you can use to create many types of websites. In fact, creating a website using WordPress gives you almost unlimited customization. We have compiled a number of ways to help you visualize:
WordPress started as a blogging tool, and it is still used the most up to now. You can create a simple post, after ordering the basic WordPress package. Later, when your blog gets more readers, upgrade to the more suitable package.
Portfolios (product catalog):
Freelancers, artists, photographers, musicians, authors, and other creative work often choose WordPress as the platform to showcase their creative portfolio. There are many types of portfolio themes on WordPress.org, with many themes having all the features you need: photo galleries, lightboxes, and portfolio grids.
If you have a small business, you will find WordPress a perfect solution for your website. Even many large corporations use WordPress as their company’s website, although WordPress is more popular among SMEs.
Charity WordPress Website:
Because WordPress is low-cost to operate, and easy to learn, it’s not surprising that it is the preferred platform of charities or churches. Thanks to WordPress, nonprofits have a better online presence than ever before.
You can create an online sales website with WordPress without programming knowledge. WooCommerce, the largest eCommerce plugin on WordPress will help you create an online store with important features like shopping carts, order management interface, checkout page, one click refund, and many more. more for your WordPress website.
Popular websites using WordPress:
Although WordPress is well known among bloggers and small businesses, it is also used for many other famous websites.
Pros and cons of WordPress Website:
WordPress has many outstanding advantages that make it the best platform for those who want to create a website without programming. In addition it is also a good choice for programmers, because of its high customization. However, there are also some disadvantages to keep in mind.
- Thấp Low cost – You only need to pay for the domain name and web hosting. WordPress software, WordPress themes, and WordPress plugins are free.
- Easy to install and update – Unlike other content management systems, WordPress does not need any special configuration, and you can update in one click.
- Simple administration – You don’t need programming knowledge when creating websites with WordPress. Your daily tasks revolve around writing, writing and editing posts, uploading and editing images, managing users, adding neu, and installing pluygin or themes.
- Customizable Interface – With thousands of ready-to-use WordPress themes, you can use it to create your own design tailored to your niche. For example, a special theme for a restaurant, a health theme, a small business, a food blogger, can all be found using WordPress.
- Feature – You can use a plugin to improve the performance of your WordPress website. You can find plugins for all the tasks you need, from search engine optimization to event scheduling.
- Support community – WordPress has the largest global community, with a very effective help forum. If you do not know anything, or encounter any difficulties, you can easily get help.
- Security – Because WordPress has over 30% of websites worldwide, it is also the number one target for hackers. However, this can be handled if you increase the security of your WordPress website using the plugins or tricks outlined in this article.
- 3rd party products – Because WordPress plugins and themes are developed by 3rd party developers, it can cause errors. Before installing new plugins or new themes, always read reviews and descriptions so you don’t have to choose the wrong plugin or theme.
- Page load time – If you have too many plugins, the site may be slow. Installing caching plugins often solves this problem.