Under the new regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, e-commerce websites are required to notify or register with the Ministry of Industry and Trade. Organizations and individuals should clearly distinguish between notification and registration because these are two completely different activities.
1. Why should notify / register e-commerce website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
Benefits for businesses or individuals when announcing / registering websites with the Ministry of Industry and Trade:
– Show that the organization or individual complies with the provisions of the law, avoid being fined.
– When an e-commerce website with a certification logo announced or registered with the Ministry of Industry and Trade at the foot of the website will make the customers or users accessing that E-commerce website more confident, because the company’s information has been verified. real public.
– Therefore, customers will not be afraid to encounter fake companies, ghost companies or sell fake and counterfeit products because when registering with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, website owners will have to submit business licenses (for companies). ), ID card (for individuals).
– Some cases intentionally put fake logo of Ministry of Industry and Trade to deceive customers, but to confirm this is very simple, users only need to click on the icon if it does not lead to the main website of the MOIT. This is a fake logo.
– If an organization or individual fails to make an announcement / register for an e-commerce website as prescribed, the principal penalty will be imposed or even the website will be banned from operating permanently.
2. Which e-commerce websites need notification or registration?
Many people do not know if their website is an e-commerce website, or if so, they need to make a notice or register. Here are some grounds you can easily distinguish:
– E-commerce website must be “Notice”: is an E-commerce website established by traders, organizations or individuals by themselves for the purpose of promoting commerce, selling goods or providing services of yourself.
– E-commerce website must be “Registered” (Website providing e-commerce services): is an E-commerce website established by traders or organizations to provide an environment for traders and organizations. other individuals conducting trade promotion activities, selling goods or providing services.
– Website providing e-commerce services includes the following types
3. How to notify and register e-commerce websites with the Ministry of Industry and Trade:
The notification and registration of e-commerce website with Ministry of Industry and Trade has some similarities and differences. After you have identified your website type of website to make notice or register, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Sign up for an account
+ Visit the official website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade Vietnam http://online.gov.vn
+ Click the red Register button in the upper right corner of the website
+ Complete and complete the required information and then select the “Submit Registration” button to complete
Some notes when filling information:
– Personal information section:
+ Select the registration object: Traders or Individuals (please do not select the Organization because the organization is only for state administrative and non-business units without tax code)
+ Enter information of company name, tax code, business registration field, address …
– Account information section:
+ Account: Default is the company tax code or personal tax code
+ Enter your password and email (choose the email address you use regularly to receive timely notifications from the Ministry of Industry and Trade)
– Information of legal representative:
+ Enter full information of full name, date of birth, contact address, phone number, position of the representative in the form.
Step 2: Wait for the results to confirm the account registration
After submitting successful account registration information, you will receive a confirmation email from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, after which you will have to wait up to 3 working days to receive the result of the account registration confirmation.
If you do not receive an email from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, please contact hotline and read the tax code to check.
Step 3: Implement the website declaration
After you have received the email notifying you of the successful account registration, you can make the service declaration as prescribed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade by following the steps below:
– B1: Access to the website and log in to the registered personal account
– B2: Select the form of declaration as “Website notification” or “Website registration”
– B3: Make declaration (notice or register website)
4. Results of notification / successful registration of e-commerce websites:
After your notification and registration profile has been approved by the Ministry of Industry and Trade, you will receive a logo confirming as “Notified” or “Registered” and sent to the registered email.
Then you only need to insert a logo with a link to the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade to distinguish it from the fake logo. And you have completed the notification / registration for your website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Note: Signing up for an e-commerce service website will be a lot more complicated than announcing, because you need to prepare a lot of valid documents to submit as prescribed. Sometimes this can be quite time consuming and may require a lot of modification if you are not experienced in registering an e-commerce website before.
For your convenience and time saving, you should read the instructions carefully before signing up, or you can seek advice from the specialized service providers that register reputable e-commerce website. .